The BVOH filament from Fiberlogy is a butene-diol vinyl alcohol copolymer. It can be used to print perfect prototypes, complex structures and movable mechanisms. It particularly comes in handy where traditional supports could be difficult to remove or would not be sufficient to obtain a satisfactory final print result. With BVOH, printing highly complex 3D objects is extremely easy.
Supports created using BVOH filament are very easy to remove. After printing a 3D model, simply place it in warm water and the support filament will dissolve completely. This will result in the actual model being of noticeably better quality than in the case of supports which have to be broken out.
The BVOH filament can be used with printers with a double extruder. It is characterized by high adhesion to various types of materials. It can be combined with popular materials such as PLA, ABS, PET-G, ASA, Nylon, elastic filaments (e.g. TPU), etc.
The filament should be stored in a dry place, e.g. in a sealed bag, in order to avoid wetting of the material and the resulting deterioration of its properties.
- soluble in warm water
- high adhesion to PLA, ABS, ASA, PET-G, Nylon, TPU and other filaments
- environmentally friendly – can be disposed of in your home sewage system
How to print?
- Printing temperature: 190 – 220°C
- Bed temperature: 50 – 100°C (when using plates or other means to increase the adhesion, the heating of the bed is not required)
- Protect from moisture (Store filament in tightly sealed containers when not in use)
BVOH 1.75mm Natural 0.5kg